Selected Grants & Awards
- UW Chester Fritz International Research Fellowship, 2022
- UW College of Arts & Sciences Arlene Hunter Scholarship, 2022
- UW Simpson Center Society of Scholars Summer Fellowship, 2022
- UW Joff Hanauer Fellowship in Western Civilization, 2019
- Fulbright Research Fellowship to Iceland, 2018
- American-Scandinavian Foundation Research Fellowship, 2018
- UW Graduate School Fund for Excellence and Innovation (GSFEI) Travel Award, 2017
- Scan|Design Foundation Summer Scholarship, 2017
- Danish Ministry of Higher Education & Science Summer Language Scholarship, 2017
- UW Graduate School Top Scholar Award, 2016
- “Ahistorical Affects: Gender Feelings in the Presence of the Past,” CLGBT History Queer History Conference, 2022.
- “Queer and Trans Environmental Futures Roundtable,” Modern Language Association Annual Convention, 2023 (accepted).
- “Black Indigenous Encounter in the Colonial Exhibition,” Black Indigeneity Workshop, Gender Studies Conference, 2022 (accepted).
- “Something Trans about the Archive: Dreyer’s Jeanne d’Arc,” CLGBT History Queer History Conference, 2022.
- “Black Borealisms: Blackness, Indigeneity, and the Spatiotemporality of the North,” Society for the Advancement of Scandinavian Study, 2022.
- “Whose Breast Revolution? Nudes, Nipples, and Human Rights in Iceland,” Modern Language Association Annual Convention, 2020.
- “‘Party like a criminal’ Erik Lundin’s Allegorical Suedi and Postnational Swedish Identity,” with Maïmouna Jagne-Soreau, Society for the Advancement of Scandinavian Study, 2018.
- “A Movement Between: Mellanförskap and the Rap Oeuvre of Erik Lundin,” International Association for the Study of Popular Music Norden, 2017.
University of Washington
- Multimodal Composition, Predoctoral Instructor
- Expository Composition, Predoctoral Instructor
- First Year Danish, Predoctoral Instructor
- Nobel Prize in Literature, Teaching Assistant
- Vikings in Popular Culture, Teaching Assistant
- Sagas of the Vikings, Teaching Assistant
- Scandinavian Mythology, Teaching Assistant
- Intro to Swedish Literary & Cultural History, Teaching Assistant
- Scandinavian Children’s Literature, Teaching Assistant
- Graduate Student Representative, Executive Council, Society for the Advancement of Scandinavian Study
- Graduate Student Representative, Nordic Scholarly Interest Group, Society for Cinema and Media Studies
- Member, DEI Committee, UW Scandinavian Studies
- Graduate Student Representative to the Faculty, UW Scandinavian Studies (2019-2020)
- Collaborator, UW Translation Studies Graduate Research Cluster (2019-2020)
- Senator, UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate (2016-2018)
- Member, Graduate Colloquium Committee, UW Scandinavian Studies (2016-2018)
Additional Education & Training
- School of Criticism and Theory, Cornell University, 2021
- Multilingual Writing Lab, Ós Pressan, 2018-2019
- Danish Summer Language Course, Askov Højskole, 2017
- International Literary Translation & Creative Writing Summer School, British Centre for Literary Translation, 2017
- Graduate Translation Conference & Workshops, 2017
- Institute in Faroese Language and Culture, University of the Faroe Islands, 2016
- Summer Course in Modern Icelandic, Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies, 2016
- Committee on LGBT History (CLGBTH)
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Society for Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS)
- Society for the Advancement of Scandinavian Study (SASS)